The Masonicare Hearing Center
Hearing Care Solutions (Testing, Hearing Aids & Listening Devices)
Our hearing care services include:
- FREE hearing tests, call 203-679-6909
- Complete diagnostic hearing evaluations
- Patient and family education, including understanding hearing loss and communication strategies
- Follow-up confirmation to ensure achievement of goals
- Personalized advice and assistance in selecting hearing aids and listening devices that best meet individual needs and provide the greatest value
- A new state of the art verification system has recently been added to the practice that can confirm the effectiveness of the hearing aid
- Selection of safety and communication devices, including television infrared systems, amplified telephones, smoke detectors, specially designed answering machines, personal amplifiers and FM systems
- Repair and service of hearing aids and listening devices, as well as loaner instruments during service periods
In most cases, major medical insurances cover diagnostic hearing evaluations.
Masonicare Hearing Center offers FREE hearing tests. Simply call 203-679-6909 to schedule an appointment and present this coupon. You can print the coupon by clicking on the link below.
Free Hearing Screening coupon.pdf
Meet the Audiologist
Dr. Hillary Lewis has been at Masonicare for 15 years. She is a licensed audiologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of hearing disorders, with special expertise in providing hearing healthcare to adults. Dr. Lewis received her BA in Communication Disorders and her MA in Audiology from the University of Connecticut. She received her doctorate in audiology from Salus University. Dr. Lewis is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology.
Watch Dr. Hillary Lewis as she explains the in's and out's of hearing loss, hearing aids, and helpful communication techniques.
The Masonicare Difference
- Open to the community
- Personalized service with the same doctor for each appointment
- Flexible appointment hours available
- Free, convenient parking
- Full range of hearing aids/assisted devices
- FREE hearing tests offered, call 203-679-6909.
What is hearing loss?
Hearing loss that develops in older adults, presbycusis, generally stems from gradual changes in the inner ear, middle ear or in nerves. Presbycusis most often occurs in both ears. Those with this complaint may have greater difficulty hearing high-pitched sounds, but may retain some hearing ability.
What are the warning signs of hearing loss?
- Do you frequently ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice than they used to?
- Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
- Is it difficult for you to follow conversations?
- Do you need to turn up the volume on your TV or radio?
- Do you have difficulty hearing the doorbell or telephone ring?
- Is carrying on a telephone conversation difficult?
- Has someone told you that you may have a problem with your hearing?
Whom We Help
Anyone age 18 or older with any degree of hearing loss.
What to Expect
Hearing tests can be conducted in a single office appointment. Thereafter, you’ll receive personalized advice that draws on a complete range of services and hearing care solutions to treat every facet of hearing loss.
Masonicare Health Center is conveniently located at 22 Masonic Avenue (Sturges building) in Wallingford, just off Routes 15 and 150.
For more information or to schedule your FREE hearing test, call 203-679-6909.