Helpful Information About the Coronavirus
For the most current updates regarding our response to COVID-19, please visit this page.
Published on 2/27/20:
You may have been following news about the Coronavirus, a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. Symptoms of the virus are similar to those of influenza: fever, cough, and feeling short of breath. Like so many of the easily-transmissible diseases and viruses we prepare for every day in our communities, everyone can prepare with these simple reminders from the CDC.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom. If soap and water aren’t available, use hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol.
For more information, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.