COVID-19 Information - as of 6/29/2022
Media Inquiries: email@example.com
Yale-New Haven Health COVID-19 Testing Site at Masonicare
The YNHH testing site at Masonicare in Wallingford is open for testing by appointment only. Please click here to schedule an appointment. You can download the testing FAQs here.
Please note: This is a testing site ONLY.
MASONICARE HEALTH CENTER VISITATION GUIDELINES - As of 5/13/2022
ALL MHC VISITORS
Please be aware that there are currently COVID positive cases in the building. Visitation is not being restricted at this time; however, upon arrival on the unit and prior to proceeding to your loved one's room, you must see a unit staff member. Please do not bypass the unit desk without having been informed of the guidelines being followed on that unit. Thank you.
Additional visitation policies:
- All visitors must enter through the main entrance of the Health Center
- Recommended visiting hours are 10:00AM - 8:00PM
- Only 2 visitors per resident are allowed at a time.
- All visitors must wear surgical masks at all times while in the building including when visiting with a loved one in their room.
- No pets allowed at this time.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS AND PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE BUILDING AND HAVE THEN TESTED POSITIVE.
On behalf of the staff and residents of Masonicare Health Center, we appreciate your support as we work to keep our community safe.
6/24/2022: UPDATE FROM JON-PAUL VENOIT, PRESIDENT & CEO:
Next week, an advisory committee of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will meet to discuss whether existing vaccines should be modified to combat specific strains of the COVID virus.
INFANTS AND TODDLERS NOW ELIGIBLE
In other COVID vaccine news, vaccinations for children between the ages of six months and five years has been approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with young ones eligible to receive their first doses of the vaccine this week. This opens up 17 million young children under the age of five in the U.S. to be eligible to take COVID vaccines, including approximately 180,000 children across Connecticut. If you are a parent of a young child, please discuss the children’s COVID vaccine with your pediatrician or family doctor.
- Masonicare Health Center (skilled nursing): There are two COVID-positive residents and another 44 residents on quarantine due to symptoms or exposure. Two COVID-positive employees are out.
- Behavioral Health Hospital: There are six COVID-positive patients and one COVID-positive employee is out.
- Lower Campus Residential: One resident is on quarantine due to symptoms or exposure.
HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES
- Masonicare Home Health & Hospice: There are 11 COVID-positive patients on service and 17 patients presumed positive. Two COVID-positive employees are out.
- Masonicare at Home: No cases reported.
- External ALSAs: No cases reported.
- Ashlar Village: One assisted living resident has tested positive for COVID.
- Chester Village: No cases reported.
- Masonicare at Mystic: No cases reported.