The Argonauta at Lockwood Lodge
Caring for someone with memory loss or dementia can seem overwhelming. Lockwood Lodge can be the answer for your loved one and your family. Building on Masonicare’s years of experience in caring for older adults, Lockwood Lodge has created The Argonauta, a special residential program for those with memory loss.
The Argonauta enables those with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease or dementia to remain independent, and features these special services in memory care.
- Secure environment, 24-hour emergency response
- Nuturing, home-like surroundings
- Specially trained nurses and resident care assistants
- Activities that encourage socialization
- Service plans that involve family members
- Delicious chef-prepared meals, special diets accommodated
- Wellness program, access to medical professionals
- Access to Lockwood Lodge amenities including private dining, living room with fireplace, cafe and gift shop, beauty and barber shop, chapel, and secure garden courtyard.
For more information, please contact the Resident Services Coordinator, Mary Salley, at (203) 364-3179.
The Argonauta is a distinctive and beautiful seashell. Created for protection and safety, each one is different. The shape of the shell is like the character of each person; there may be similarities, but no two are alike. Masonicare's approach to memory care is to honor each individual as unique, to discover and celebrate them as a person. The Argonauta symbolizes our commitment to provide an environment of dignity, kindness and safety.
"Lovely shell, lovely image – I am tempted to play with it in my mind. Is this the symbol for another stage in relationships? Can we middle-aged Argonauts when we outgrow the oyster bed, look forward to the freedom of the nautilus (Argonauta) who has left its shell for the open seas?"
~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea