Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care
Quality of life is our focus.
When a loved one needs more assistance than an in-home caregiver can provide, look to Masonicare. As Connecticut's oldest and most respected senior healthcare source, our long-term skilled nursing center provides around-the-clock support to your loved one, while bringing peace of mind to you. Each resident's individualized care plan is unique and developed to meet their medical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
Our team and services include:
- 24/7 on-site physician or APRN coverage
- Registered nurses
- RN wound care specialists
- Certified nurse's aides
- Experienced physical and occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Certified recreation therapists
- Medical social workers
- Memory care units
- Chaplains to address spiritual well-being
- Hearing center with audiologist
- Onsite pharmacist
Supportive and Engaging
We understand that a transition to long term care can be challenging for both the patient and family. Our social services department will support you during the process by facilitating communication, assisting with resources and planning, and helping with any requests or concerns you or your loved one may have. The nursing and therapy teams give our residents excellent clinical care in a compassionate and dignified way. We'll keep your loved one engaged with social programs and recreational activities tailored to match his or her unique abilities and interests. Our dietary team accommodates food allergies, health restrictions, and provides menu options based on each individual's preferences.
Activities and amenities include:
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Delicious and healthy meals served restaurant style
- Complementary WiFi for residents and guests
- Social programs and recreational activities
- Interdenominational chapel
- Intergenerational programs and visits with children from our Child Development Center next door
- Volunteer visits, including pet visitors
- Transportation and accompaniment to medical appointments as needed
- Onsite beauty and barber shop
- Gift shop and convenience store
A Continuum of Care
Inside Masonicare's long term care center are three specialized units dedicated to memory care. We provide a safe, secure and home-like environment for those with Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias. Our memory care residents receive the highest level of care possible with personalized attention from staff specially trained in memory support.
If your loved one ever has the need for hospital level care, they'll have instant access to Masonicare's Acute Care Senior Hospital, located on-site. Our physician will admit them directly to a hospital bed, so treatment can begin immediately. Compare this to hours of waiting in a traditional emergency room, and you'll see the advantage our continuum of care makes. Masonicare's Acute Care Senior hospital is a member of the Connecticut Senior Hospital Alliance. Masonicare is Medicare and Medicaid-certified.
Please call our admissions department at 866.678.1155 to request an application and schedule a tour.
Masonicare Health Center
22 Masonic Avenue, Wallingford, CT
Masonicare at Newtown
139 Toddy Hill Road, Newtown, CT