Inpatient Hospice and Palliative Care
Masonicare offers comprehensive hospice care services to help patients and their families get the most out of their limited time together. Our teams of hospice nurse practitioners and health care professionals can support hospice inpatients at Masonicare Health Center, Masonicare at Newtown, or any hospital or facility, statewide. We take a holistic approach, working to address the emotional and physical needs of the entire family. Medicare and many private health insurance plans cover hospice care for patients with fewer than six months to live.
What Is Inpatient Hospice and Palliative Care?
It may be recommended for patients with complex medical needs or those who do not have an in-home caregiver. Hospice and palliative care services provide comprehensive medical, emotional, social, and spiritual support for the patient and his or her entire family. The goal is to ease the patient’s distressing symptoms and pain, while allowing him or her to remain lucid.
Whom We Help
Any adult with a life-limiting illness.
What to Expect
Professional guidance and support from an inter-disciplinary team skilled at helping families cope with the many issues that arise at the end of life. They counsel the patient, caregiver, and family on important decisions; chief among them, how best to manage pain. Caring volunteers can perform helpful tasks, allowing families to make the most of their remaining time together.
The Masonicare Difference
Masonicare has over a century of experience helping patients maintain quality of life. Our specially trained hospice practitioners and health care professionals continually adopt the latest care techniques and newest drug therapies to help patients manage pain, as well as maintain dignity right to the end of life.
Hospice Services at a Glance
- Expert assistance from a team consisting of a medical director, RNs, a medical social worker, a bereavement team, spiritual counselors, and trained volunteers.
- Professional guidance regarding medical, financial, and community services.
- Emotional and coping counseling and support for the patient and family members, including parents, grandparents, spouses, siblings, children, and other relatives.
- Coordinated care with the patient’s physicians and other service providers.
- Complementary services including therapeutic massage, expressive art activities, hospice musicians, pet visits, and expressive puppetry.
For more information on all of our hospice services, please call 888-482-8862.