Sometimes an illness, old age, hearing impairment, or other disability can rob you of the ability to talk and communicate. Speech-language therapy is all about improving, swallowing, relearning how to form words, and simply getting your point across. Our caring therapists evaluate voice, speech patterns, language, and swallowing, and assist with the latest techniques for more effective communication. Most major insurance is accepted.
Whom We Help
Any adult with communication or swallowing deficits including those with aphasia, dysarthria, apraxia of speech, larygectomy, traumatic brain injury, dysphagia, or dementia or other neuologic impairment.
What to Expect
Following hospitalization or medical illness, speech and swallowing abilities may not return overnight. You may need to work with a therapist for a series of visits to practice and perfect these skills. Common treatments may include physical strengthening exercises, repetitive drills, and viewing audio-visual aids.
Speech Therapy Services
- Diagnostic testing
- Speech/language treatment
- LSVT LOUD™- specialized therapy for Parkinson's patients
- Swallowing therapy
- Cognitive linguistic retraining
- Individual treatment plans
- Augmentative/ Alternative Communication (picture exchange, gestures, voice output devices, and alternative access)
- Referrals to community resources