Acute Medical Hospital Unit
If you need hospitalization for a serious medical problem, Masonicare offers our Acute Medical Hospital Unit where you can receive cutting-edge hospital-level care in a warm, home-like environment. Avoid an emergency room experience and be directly admitted to one of our beautifully appointed rooms where specially-trained staff focuses on our philosophy of compassion, comfort and healing.
What is Acute Medical Care?
Acute care is around-the-clock hospital-level care to help patients recover from medical conditions such as:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Urinary Tract Infection
Patients can be admitted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Your primary care physician will make arrangements with Masonicare.
What to expect in Acute Hospital Care:
- Spacious and inviting private and semi-private rooms
- Full-time physician hospitalist and 24/7 onsite medical staff
- Licensed nursing staff specially trained in acute care and chronic diseases
- On-staff senior health team: physician specialists, social worker, chaplain, registered dietitian, recreation therapist, pharmacist and rehabilitation therapist.
- State-of-the-art acute medical care, including telemetry, I.V. antibiotic therapy, parenteral nutrition, blood transfusions and I.V. therapy and pain management.
The Masonicare difference:
For over 100 years, we’ve been Connecticut’s geriatric-care experts. Our licensed senior health staff is specially trained in acute care competencies, advanced procedures, and the use of state-of-the-art technologies. You’ll find a high nurse-to-patient ratio and team members focused on a full and fast recovery.